£79/hr for Better Bankside members (regular price is £100/hr). Commitment is required for minimum 7 sessions (over 3 months).
Career Coaching Who is it for?
Anyone who is willing to progress in their career by developing their communication and managerial skills as well as finding their strengths. Also for professionals who are willing to embark on a new career and not sure how to take that leap.
What does it cover?
- Developing and/or clarifying career ambitions
- Discovering unused potential
- Increasing performance
- Improving management and leadership skills
- Building positive relationships at work
- Assertiveness and successful communication
- Increasing motivation
- Creating an effective job hunting strategy
- Successful CV and cover letter writing
- Preparing for job interviews
These topics are just exemplary. Career aspirations can be very personal and each individual has different needs. Sessions will cover only YOUR needs.
How does it work?
- Chemistry session: You meet the coach for one hour in person. You talk about your needs and why you consider coaching. The coach explains their coaching style, how coaching can help you and what to expect. After this session you decide if you would like to work together. This session has no cost.
- Coaching sessions: Each session is one-hour long and you meet your coach twice/month. First 2 sessions are done back to back.
- Times for sessions: Week day and weekend options available. Please discuss details in the chemistry session.
- Cost of individual coaching: £79/hr for Better Bankside members (regular price is £100/hr). Commitment is required for minimum 7 sessions (over 3 months). Please get in touch with Executive Coaching for companies to learn about the session format and corporate offer.
- Location for session: At your office. If that is not possible, Royal Festival Hall.
Who is the Career Coach?
Melda Ekmen has extensive experience in human resources area with L’Oreal Group where she worked effectively across different cultures including the UK, France and Turkey. During her corporate experience she mainly focused on areas like leadership development, performance management and employee engagement.
Following a first degree in Psychology, Melda earned a Master’s degree in Organisation Studies from Warwick Business School with a focus on organisational psychology and change. Melda is a Master Practitioner in NLP and has trained in Co-Active Coaching.
In her coaching, Melda stands for authenticity and courage while putting great emphasis on helping her coachees reach their desired outcomes and coaching goals. Melda helps her clients explore their own professional and personal identities, different perspectives on key areas of their work/life balance, and supports them to make authentic choices in life and at work. Melda is very pragmatic and makes sure that all insights and decisions serve her clients and are transferable into actions both at work and in other parts of their life.
Her recent coaching clients come from companies like Lloyds Bank, Santander, ING Bank, Bank of Canada, GE, SAB Miller, Diageo, The Body Shop, Avon, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP and University College London. Melda also trained companies like HSBC, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Microsoft, Tesco, Selex Galileo and Regus amongst others.