1 - 7 June – Volunteer Week: Community Gardening Sessions
Bankside Open SpacesBankside Open Spaces
On a dark day in the U.K. the vigil at Crossbones brings light to our world. A ribbon to remember those who have left us today. #crossbonesTue May 23 18:59:38 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
We are looking forward to the Crossbones May Fair with John Constable (aka John Crow) and guests. The magic... https://t.co/FceaI9h2NSMon May 22 13:28:12 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Just one month to go! Hope to see you there. https://t.co/VwYQba0R1cSun May 21 09:38:53 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Why Get Involved
At BOST, they are passionate about restoring, maintaining, and preserving urban green spaces. They champion open spaces in SE1 and strive to protect the beauty and history of one of the oldest parts of London. They seek to create and improve parks and gardens to benefit residents, local workers and visitors and rely on their cohort of regular community volunteers to help maintain the spaces.
Volunteer Roles Include
- Thursday 1 June: Winchester Palace lunchtime group, SE1 9DN (12.30 -13.30) – small group so 1 or 2 spaces available
- Friday 2 June: Crossbones lunchtime group SE1 1TA (12.00 – 14.00) –generally up to 2 spaces available
- Monday 5 June: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Tuesday 6 June: Morning gardening group at Christ Church Garden, Blackfriars Road SE1 8NY (10.00 – 13.00) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Wednesday 7 June: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
Other (flexible dates, content to be agreed with volunteer)
- Office volunteering – volunteer over an agreed period and help us organise a BOST event or deliver a project.
- Pro bono work – provide specialist, professional skills to help enhance and expand the invaluable work BOST already does in SE1.
Express your interest here in order to get involved.