5 June - Volunteer Week: Help Out at the Dragon Café
Dragon CaféDragon Café
RT @gettygallery: Our CALM Exhibition is on until the end of the week so you still have time to drop in and take a look at some fantastic p…Thu May 18 15:16:59 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Why Get Involved
With 1 in 4 people experiencing mental health problems - where can people go to socialise in a safe, supportive setting? The Dragon Café is a weekly pop-up in Borough open from 12 - 8:30pm every Monday providing a creative and fun space, free and open to all.
Visitors can join in a huge variety of activities; including singing, writing, creative arts, dance, mindfulness and massage, all for free, whilst making new friends. The cafe also sells delicious healthy food prepared fresh every day. The Dragon Café is truly unique, and proven to greatly improve people’s mental health.
Volunteer roles include
- Setting up the creative areas (from 9am)
- Packing away the creative spaces (to 9pm)
- Supporting lunch preparation in the kitchen
- Serving delicious food and drinks from their friendly vegetarian kitchen
- Helping with activities e.g. football, arts and crafts and engaging with patrons
- Providing a warm welcome on reception
Date: Monday 5th June
Timing: Most shifts for volunteers are around 4 hours long and take place between 9am – 9pm. Length of shifts can be discussed depending on capacity and availability.
No. of volunteers: min 1, max 5 per shift
Location: Based in the crypt of St George the Martyr’s Church in Borough High St. SE1 1JA
Express your interest here in order to get involved.