Bringing people and communities together through learning British craft
CAA GalleryCAA Gallery
Object of the Week: ‘OPject’ by Jin Eui Kim Jin Eui Kim is interested in illusory optical and spatial phenomena,... https://t.co/fRtLYQMfQGSat Mar 25 10:30:03 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
New work at CAA: hand stitched patchwork ceramic and silk bowl by Zoë Hillyard https://t.co/VJX6Qs8KRLThu Mar 23 10:00:03 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Part of Contemporary Applied Arts work is with different Southwark-based groups, providing learning sessions which are designed to encourage engagement and participation in crafts and active making. Encouraging a sense of local pride and giving a better understanding of Southwark’s rich creative history. They work with three diverse audiences: school aged children, youth (teenagers) and older residents.
CAA would value the opportunity to engage more fully with other organisations working in the creative industries (and beyond). They would very much welcome mentoring and ‘in-kind’ support in the following areas:
- Social Media: advice on how to increase and maximise their presence and activity on Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Search engine optimisation: advice on how to make their website keywords and metadata work harder for them, to increase their visibility when browsers are searching for ‘craft’, ‘applied arts’, ‘contemporary jewellery’, ‘British ceramics’, etc.
Personnel and human resources advice
- Access to occasional advice (a ‘sounding board’) for employment issues would be enormously helpful as they do not have a formal HR function within the organisation
- Fundraise to make a donation of a tall ladder to help in setting up exhibitions
- Volunteer in one of the three annual craft education outreach workshops
- Event support for the end of year exhibition and party displaying examples of work from all of the projects and bringing participants and their families together
- Discounted use of gallery space on Southwark St. with funds going back into developing CAA’s education outreach programme
If you can support with any of these or have other ideas for getting involved contact us
More information about the local work of Contemporary Applied Arts can be found here.
Registered Charity No 235914