Community Gardening Sessions
Bankside Open SpacesBankside Open Spaces
Summer Play Scheme starts next Tuesday 11am at Living Space Adventure Playground SE1 7BE - come along and have some… https://t.co/XIjKJIrVs0Thu Jul 27 13:43:17 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Anyone want to join me bright n early next Sunday morning? https://t.co/Wptt8rA0eXMon Jul 24 10:07:01 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Countdown to RideLondon on Sunday 30th July! Help cyclists making their way to the start line! Volunteer with... https://t.co/KXa2oe28uwWed Jul 19 16:44:35 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Looking for a venue to hold club meetings, dance sessions, exercises + more in the heart of Waterloo? Send us a DM… https://t.co/U8wlKlcrobMon Jul 17 15:50:17 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Samba Drummers warming up for the Waterloo Carnival on Waterloo Green https://t.co/axwfhwBmAaFri Jul 14 11:43:06 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Why Get Involved
At BOST, they are passionate about restoring, maintaining, and preserving urban green spaces. They champion open spaces in SE1 and strive to protect the beauty and history of one of the oldest parts of London. They seek to create and improve parks and gardens to benefit residents, local workers and visitors and rely on their cohort of regular community volunteers to help maintain the spaces.
Volunteer Roles Include
- Thursdays: Winchester Palace lunchtime group, SE1 9DN (12.30 -13.30) – small group so 1 or 2 spaces available
- Fridays: Crossbones lunchtime group SE1 1TA (12.00 – 14.00) –generally up to 2 spaces available
- Mondays: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Tuesdays: Morning gardening group at Christ Church Garden, Blackfriars Road SE1 8NY (10.00 – 13.00) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Wednesdays: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
Other (flexible dates, content to be agreed with volunteer)
- Office volunteering – volunteer over an agreed period and help us organise a BOST event or deliver a project.
- Pro bono work – provide specialist, professional skills to help enhance and expand the invaluable work BOST already does in SE1.
sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: BOST%20Community%20Gardening) (Express your interest here) in order to get involved.