Crossbones Garden on the corner of Union Street and Redcross Way is one of the newest community spaces in the area and looked after by local charity Bankside Open Spaces Trust. The garden is opened thanks to the generosity of Volunteer Wardens who give their time to supervise while it is open to the public.
As a Crossbones Volunteer Warden you'll be the warm friendly face that greets visitors to the garden and be a part of helping visitors to have an enjoyable and memorable visit.
If you can offer a few hours around lunchtime a week and enjoy being outside this opportunity is perfect for you.
Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
• Meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
• Improve your communication skills
• Enjoy new experiences and learning something new every day
• Take pride in helping to look after the garden
• Have the opportunity to enjoy being in this beautiful place with its history, stories and magic
Training sessions are held regularly for new wardens. The time commitment is flexible but would preferably involve 2-3 hours on site to be presence on site, welcome visitors and answer questions they have.
If you are interested in becoming a Crossbones Volunteer Warden email us.