Enthusiastic volunteers needed for cheer stations at the London Marathon
The clocks go back today! We hope you are making the most out of the day.Sun Mar 26 09:59:13 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
#HappyMothersDay! Celebrate the women in your life who support you and encourage you.Sun Mar 26 07:59:13 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Thank you to our sponsors Simpson Thatcher and Bartlett LLP for their support at the 2017 Horizon Dinner https://t.co/y9Dzd88N7ASat Mar 25 15:28:16 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Snowdon + Welsh 3 Peaks participants, your briefing packs will be ready soon! Hope you're excited. Want to join in? https://t.co/ACM3oRIcDwFri Mar 24 23:59:13 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
How to run your fastest 10K yet: https://t.co/pCeP7vGkQ5Fri Mar 24 16:29:13 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Thank you to our sponsors Investec Investment Banking for their support at the 2017 Horizon Dinner. https://t.co/1eo3s4YSc0Fri Mar 24 15:28:16 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
#TGIF! Do something amazing this weekend and sign up to do the famous Vitality 10,000 10K! Only £15 to register. https://t.co/2ec50gkAYdFri Mar 24 09:59:13 +0000 2017 AGO Reply Tweet Favorite
Locally based charity the Prostate Cancer Research Centre is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join their cheer stations to help them make the London Marathon impossible to forget for their runners this year who will be aiming to raise over £130,000 for PCRC. As a cheer point volunteer, you will be at the heart of the action. Fundraisers have trained hard for their race, but will still need lots of encouragement to make it to the finish line. PCRC think they deserve the loudest cheers for all the effort they’ve put into raising money for the Prostate Cancer Research Centre, and need help to achieve this.
As part of the PCRC Volunteering Team, they will provide you with all the information you need about the day, your very own PCRC t-shirt, wristband and cheering sticks. All you need to do is bring your voice, energy and enthusiasm! Contact us to get involved
- The role will involve encouraging and cheering on the runners whilst boosting morale at their dedicated cheer point.
- The role will be part of a team of volunteers, all working towards the same goal, which is to make PCRC’s cheer point the best one.
- They are looking for enthusiastic, loud and energetic volunteers.
- You will need to be able to motivate others and should be a good team player.
- You should be happy and able to be outside, whatever the weather, and be prepared and able to spend a number of hours on your feet.
- This is an all-day event, so volunteers must be available all day, meeting at 9am and cheering until approximately 3pm.
- Meeting point to be confirmed but will be in Central London.
- The London Marathon is happening on Sunday the 23rd of April 2017.
- Lunch will be provided up to £5 per volunteer, so if volunteers wish to bring other lunch or snacks for throughout the day they should, PCRC provide you with everything else you need, including t-shirts.
About Prostate Cancer Research Centre
Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men. Over 11,000 men die every year in the UK, and the number increases every year. Advanced prostate cancer is treated with hormone therapy, developed in the 1940s. Hormone therapy is still the primary and most effective treatment for advanced prostate cancer. Consequently, survival rates have improved little over the last 70 years. New and more effective therapy is urgently needed. PCRC are dedicated to improving the survival of the next generation of men and better treatment can only come through research.