Inspire the next generation of your workforce.
Southwark EBASouthwark EBA
Annual Southwark Education Business Alliance Secondary School Careers Fair
- Date: 16 and 17 March 2017
- Time: 9am – 4pm
- Venue: London South Bank University.
Why take part?
Meet the work force of the future and help to:
- Inspire students and excite them about making decisions about their future
- Give students an insight into the broad range of job opportunities in Southwark and beyond.
The event will be structured around zones, all of which the students will be guided through to find out about the wide range of careers available.The zones shall be:
- Construction and Engineering
- Creative and Media
- Finance and law
- Public sector, charities and social enterprise
- Retail, leisure and service sector
- Uniformed services
- Apprenticeships, Further Education and Universities
Expectations from you
- Full day’s commitment for one or both dates.You can change personnel throughout the day as long as there are representatives from your organisation at the stand at all times.
- Staff volunteers to speak with a group of up to 10 students at the stall at any one time.
- Deliver Practical Workshops: You would deliver a 20 minute practical workshop that is repeated through the morning and afternoon sessions (9:30-12am and 1-3:30pm respectively).
- The workshops aim to present your organisation in a way that demonstrates the skills and personal attributes the young people will need in order to work in your sector e.g. brainstorming a marketing campaign for a product, learn how to make an omelette, using various materials (spaghetti, string & marshmallows) to make a weight bearing bridge.
- Materials and resources to run your workshop (small flyers/items for students to take away to be
To get involved or to find out moresak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Careers%20Fair) ( contact us)