The Great Get Together Bankside Needs Volunteers
At midday on 18 June 2017, an ambitious street party hosted by Bankside Open Spaces Trust with support from local businesses and residents will line our pavements with a multitude of colour, laughter music, theatre and food.
Union Street, Flat Iron Square, Redcross Way and Redcross Gardens will have special treats in store, celebrating the multicultural and creative heritage of our city, a summer of love party for the young and old and visiting communities.
Inspired by the late Jo Cox, The Great Get Together street party hopes you will come and share in what matters, to bring our communities closer together. Everyone welcome to have some fun.
Volunteers are needed to help on 18 June. It would be fantastic if you have experience working on festivals and have basic first aid training, but any support or skills you can offer, would be truly appreciated. Training will be provided in advance for the relevant duties to be performed on the day.
Volunteer roles include
- Help with the setting up of the event
- Putting up the barriers to close the roads
- Putting up the decorations
- Picking up litter and general tidy up during and at the end of the event
- Managing the production vehicle access points and parking areas
- Managing the fire exit point and first aid points
- Managing the public entrance point and information points
- Ad hoc duties
This will be a unique street party and community event. To get involved contact us.
Festival Activities will include:
- Best In Dog Show
- Wacky Races and Kids Zone - Fathers and Children
- Live music programmed by Danny Decourtelle from SuperGlad Music
- Bompas and Parr, Hotel Elephant and Corsica Studios
- Flat Iron Square and Vintage Market
- Hip Hop Shakespeare Company
- Globe Theatre
- Surrey Docks Farm
- Comedy from Edinburgh Fringe