Together at Christmas: Host a festive box
Estranged from family and friends, Christmas can be a lonely time for some in the Bankside area. So remind them that somebody cares by getting involved in our Together at Christmas appeal and help us continue to make a difference to the lives of local homeless, vulnerably housed and elderly people.
If your organisation is interested in hosting a gift collection box, here's all the information you need to know!
Host a private collection point…
We can deliver a large festive cardboard box (45x45x45cm) to your business between 8 – 10 November. This is a great way for you and your colleagues to leave donated items, ready to be collected and distributed by us between 6 – 8 December. Depending on the size of your organisation, there’s the option to host more than one box. Why not gather your colleagues together and host an in-house gift wrapping session with full guidance from Better Bankside?
It's not too late to request a collection box for your business:rn [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Host%20a%20collection%20box) ( register your interest to host a collection box)
Host a public collection point…
If you’re able to host a public collection point, please get in touch! This is particularly helpful for smaller businesses and residents to drop off their gifts and contribute to our Together at Christmas campaign.
Donate a gift at a public collection point...
If you'd like to contribute to Together at Christmas by donating a gift, you can find our public collection points at the following locations:
- Better Bankside Community Space, 18 Great Guildford Street
- Borough Market (in the information office)
- Forster Communications, 49 Southwark Street
- Hilton London Bankside, 2-8 Great Suffolk Street
- Mercure London Bridge, 71-79 Southwark Street
- The Bridge, 73-81 Southwark Bridge Road
- The Office Group, 201 Borough High Street
What kind of gifts are needed?
It’s very simple, we have three set categories:
• New warm clothing (predominately for men): underwear, warm socks, t-shirts, gloves, hats, joggers, jeans and footwear (size 9-10)
• Toiletries: disposable razors, shaving foam, deodorant, towels; shower gel, moisturisers
• Festive non-perishable food: luxury treats, boxes of chocolates and biscuits, Christmas puddings
Please avoid donating second hand clothes, tins or cans of food and alcohol. Remember these are special gifts, rather than charity shop donations!
Where do the gifts go?
Every year, the gifts collected through Together at Christmas are distributed to charities and community organisations which support homeless, vulnerably housed and elderly people in Southwark.
If you’d like to host a Christmas box, please contact rn [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Host%20a%20collection%20box) (Rachel Nicholson) to register your interest.
Here's to making Together at Christmas 2017 an even bigger success! We look forward to hearing from you.
Find out how to get involved with our public gift wrapping sessions here