Do you live just too far from work to consider cycling? Are you reluctant to get sweaty on your commute? We are offering the chance to trial e-bikes and find out how you can get them cheaper on the Cycle to Work scheme.
If you want to trial an e-bike (or a range of other bikes) or if you are an employer wondering how you can easily offer the Cycle to Work scheme to your staff, book a place on 15th June.
- At 10:30 we have a 15-minute briefing for employers who want to find out more about the scheme.
- Between 11:00 - 14:00 staff can take trial rides on e-bikes and others to see what a difference it could make to their commute.
The Cycle to Work Scheme is a way for people to purchase a bike tax-free through salary contributions. This event, in collaboration with Green Commute Initiatives, gives staff the chance to try out a variety of bikes, including e-bikes, and gives employers the information they need to offer the Cycle to Work scheme to their staff. If your employer doesn't offer a Cycle to Work Scheme, invite them along to this event or book in to trial a bike anyway to find out more about how Green Commute Initatives can provide them with the information they need.
E-bikes are bicycles that give you a little extra boost from a small electric motor when you are peddling. They can make a long or hilly commute much more achievable without working up a sweat.
The Cycle to Work scheme promoted by Green Commute Initiatives:
- works with a wide variety of local bike shops so that staff can purchase from a wide network of suppliers
- can take the administrative burden away from the employer if necessary, making it a hassle free staff benefit
- can provide finance for the bikes upfront if your company doesn't want to fund the bike
- provides a return on investment for your company of up to 130% if funding the upfront cost of the bikes themselves
- Provides savings of between 32% and 42% for staff on the cost of their bikes
- Has no £1,000 limit
May 25 2016