This event is fully booked, please info [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Glorious%20hot%20glass%2021%20March) (add your name to the waitng list. )
Did you know that Bankside once had a thriving glass manufacturing industry in the 17th century? So much so that a petition was presented to James II to prevent the building of any more glassworks in the area.
Rediscover the art of glass-blowing with an exclusive visit to the studio of master glass-blower Michael Ruh. Watch him blowing a variety of colourful pieces, learn about his development as a professional glass artist and gain practical insights into this ancient British craft.
This session is perfect for a small group of colleagues and will be followed by a homemade light supper: pizza cooked in the glass oven and washed down with locally produced beer.
This event has been organised in partnership with Contemporary Applied Arts (CAA) London's leading gallery for British craft. Championing British crafts and delivering workshops with people of all ages from school children to elderly social clubs in Southwark.
- Date: Wednesday 15 March or Tuesday 21 March
- Timings: arrive for 6.30pm sharp, anticipated finish time 8.30pm
- Location: Two minute walk from Tulse Hill station, Lambeth. Less than 30 minutes from Blackfriars train station. Exact details will be shared before the event.
- Places for this special experience are limited so info [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Glass%20blowing%2021%20March) (book your ticket now.)
- Tickets are free but must be collected the week of the event from Contemporary Applied Arts, 89 Southwark St. SE1 0HX
No prior experience needed to take part in this fun session.
Feb 14 2017