This free event, hosted by the the Mayor's Health Policy Team at City Hall, is one of a number of Roadshows organised by Work-Life Solutions across the UK to raise awareness of evidence based approaches to managing work-related stress and enhancing wellbeing at work. It also supports organisations working towards London's Healthy Workplace Charter.
This Roadshow discusses Resilience (individual and organisational). The tough economic climate is placing great pressures on organisations to cut costs and to do more with less. This has placed a premium on finding ways to boost resilience: across the organisation, within teams and within individuals. We look at psychological research into resilience and introduce tools found to be effective for individuals and organisations, particularly from the field of positive psychology.
- What is resilience (individual and organisational)?
- Resilience research overview: theories, frameworks and approaches
- Tools for assessing individual resilience Individual resilience: strategies, tools and techniques
- Strategies and approaches for improving organisational resilience
- Links between resilience and business continuity
- Additional sources of free tools and resources
- Next steps
- Discussion and questions
The Roadshows are being organised and presented by Business Psychologist, Alan Bradshaw. A full list of all Roadshows and other training events in the UK can be found on Alan Bradshaw's eventbrite page.
This event is free to encourage attendance in a difficult economic climate. Free places are strictly limited to 2 per organisation. Each person must book separately - no multiple bookings. This is because of high demand for places and to allow the maximum number of organisations to benefit from attendance.
Dec 31 2012