Hotel Mercure London Bridge
Would you like your company to be more involved in the local area? Do you manage your company’s CSR or community engagement activities? Are you interested in finding out what you personally can do to contribute in the local community or ways volunteering can help boost your skills? Or are you a local charity or community group looking for new volunteers? If so, then this event is for you*.
At this free-of-charge breakfast networking event you can:
- Discover many ways that your business can connect locally, both short and long-term.
- Leave with inspiring new connections from meeting local community organisations from our community 'speed networking’ session.
- Hear from Mental Fight Club on the ways that Bankside businesses can get involved with their Dragon Café, the UKs first mental health café.
- Be inspired by PwC's approach to volunteering from a business perspective and hear about their mutually beneficial relationship with the Dragon Café.
- Find out about the Bankside Neighbourhood Plan and how it sets out to inform future developers and landowners about local community needs, making a physical difference to the community
- Enjoy breakfast with your neighbours at the lovely Mercure Hotel.
Benefits of community engagement include employee development opportunities, building employee pride in their workplace, positive stories to share with customers, suppliers and partners and tapping into new markets. Come to this event and find out how your business could start working with local charities supporting people who live, work and study in the area for mutual benefit.
info [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Community%20Connections%20event) (RSVP today) to make the most of the opportunities on your doorstep.
Find out about our summer Events Academy work experience programme, building the self-confidence and skills of Southwark young people here.
*priority will be given to charities and community groups from in or near the Bankside area that are looking for volunteers.
Mar 21 2017