Is your organisation looking to start or develop their Corporate Responsibility/ Sustainability programme? This business seminar will take you from your first steps to becoming a responsible business all the way to being fully certified as a B Corp. Read below to see what each of our guest speakers will focus on and what you will take away from the morning.
Sustainability: Taking the First Steps
Wiles Greenworld, London’s sustainable office supply company are going to talk about their journey towards becoming a sustainable business. They have transitioned to a zero-carbon operation and is also a zero waste to landfill company that aims to help it’s customers ‘green their supply chain’ whilst also providing value added consultancy as to how their customers can start their sustainability journey.
Come along to this session to find out:
- The quick wins and low hanging fruit for your organisation around energy and waste
- Identify your immediate impacts/ consumption
- Think a bit differently around areas where you may be impacting the environment and the potential for greening your supply chain
- Practical ways to get your colleagues on board with your plans
- Receive a free copy of their practical ‘How to Green your Business Guide’ (rrp £15)
- Find out about the range of discounts available to Better Bankside members
It’s time to redefine success in business.
Launched in the UK last year, the growing global B Corp movement is seeking to change the role of business in society. B Corps are companies that are operated for the benefit of employees, communities, the environment AND shareholders. This means that business can be used as a force for good, and ultimately, B Corps have the potential to re-shape the economy. Hear from Forster Communications about their journey to becoming fully certified.
In this session you will find out:
- Some tips on how you can build the business case for being a ‘responsible business’ to take to your senior leaders
- More about what being a B Corp is all about and why Forster Communications decided to go with it
- How to become one
- What it means for your business
- How your business can be instrumental in being better and doing good for your stakeholders and community
This seminar will not have much focus on the community engagement side of Corporate Responsibility. If that is of interest to you please read about and rsvp for our Community Connections event on 10 June 2016.
May 23 2016