This Easter there will be major changes to train services into London Bridge from Kent and the south east as Network Rail continues to work on the redevelopment of London Bridge station and the related tracks. The changes will last from Friday 3 April until Monday 6 April. A summary of the changes is below and the route map can be downloaded (see left):
No Southeastern services will run to London Bridge except Hastings services, which will operate via Tonbridge, Redhill and East Croydon.
- There will be no trains to or from London Charing Cross, Waterloo East or Cannon Street. Services from Kent and south east London will be diverted to or from Blackfriars and Victoria, or will start and terminate at New Cross.
- No Southeastern services will operate between Deptford and Charlton via Greenwich. Replacement bus services will operate between Lewisham and Charlton via Greenwich.
- Southern services between London Bridge and Horsham will start and terminate at East Croydon.
- Network Rail improvement work will also affect other Southeastern services, with no services operating between Swanley and Faversham via Sittingbourne and Maidstone to Gravesend.
- There will be changes to other rail services across London during the Easter period.
For up to date information on all sevices see the National Rail Enquiries website.
In addition to the changes to Southeastern services there is also a road closure as follows:
- From 01.00 on Friday 3 April until 05.00 on Tuesday 7 April Tooley Street will be closed to traffic.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the north side of the road at all times.
- Some bus routes that normally serve Tooley Street will be diverted including RV1 and the 381
- The purpose of this closure is to allow a crane, which will be positioned on Tooley Street, to lift large beams into site. Network Rail are unable to carry out this work safely unless the road is closed.
Check the www.tfl.gov.uk website for bus route diversion details nearer the time.