MERGE Bankside is looking for volunteers with a passion for interactive public art. Below is some information about one of the projects you would be involved with. This opportunity will give you the chance to work with an array of emerging and established visual artists that will combine robotics and kinetic engineering with live music and theatre.
ULTIMATE DODGEM EXPERIENCE
This will be a fantastic project, with a collaboration of artists who will be creating an interactive, sound and theatrical installation. Artists will include Sam Bompas, Marcus Lyall, Jimmy Cauty and Ed Baxter from Resonance Radio FM.
- Experience within the performing and visual arts, festivals, music, electronics
- Organising and managing peoples
- Wood work and painting
- Role will include:
- Assisting with the set up and d-rigg for installations
- Art liaison
- Interaction with visitors - welcoming the public to the project and answering enquiries
- Overseeing the usage of the installation
Interviews start Monday 10 April 2017.
Install dates for MERGE projects begin on Monday 1 May 2017.
Open to the public 12 May-4 June 2017.
This is an unpaid role. Travel and lunch expenses provided. Please email a copy of your CV to angie [at] illuminateproductions.co.uk (subject: MERGE%20Volunteer%20Role) and let us know why you'd make a great member of the MERGE team.