Better Bankside is running a delivery-by-cargo-bike service in conjunction with Better Bankside members, Gnewt Cargo. The service provides a new delivery option to help local businesses, for example cafes or print suppliers, deliver to other businesses in the area and around. The service is a zero-emission option, helping to reduce exposure to air pollution in Bankside.
Sam Clarke from Gnewt Cargo commented “It’s great to be working in partnership with Better Bankside. As a business based within Bankside we are keen to have a positive impact on our local area. We hope that this service will be a good addition to our business as we grow, while providing for local businesses and reducing the impact of deliveries on the area.”
We look forward to taking the task of responsible delivery off your hands and helping you to focus on what you do best.
Deliver your goods by Cycle Freight
- We will meet with you to make sure we understand your needs and then set you up with an account.
- Following this, you can make orders as and when you require them by simply emailing your booking form to email@example.com
- Deliveries are available between 7:30am – 16:30pm, Monday – Friday and can be booked for next-day collection and delivery or, if you require, further ahead
- Deliveries cost from £5 + VAT
- Deliveries will be handled by Gnewt Cargo, an experienced delivery business based locally, so you can be sure your goods are in good hands.
Book or get in touch
For more information or to discuss your delivery needs:
Delivering a Cleaner, Greener Bankside
Ordering Goods by Cycle Freight
Does your business order goods from local suppliers, be it pastries for your breakfast meeting or a run of printed leaflets?
If yes, it may be that you wish to think about how you can reduce the impact of these deliveries. Below are a few simple steps you can think about taking:
1) Find out how your deliveries are made already - if you already have a current local supplier for catering, printing, business services etc. and you do not already know how your deliveries are made, the first step is to simply ask the question. Ask the supplier how your deliveries are made and show that you are interested in the impact on air quality and your surroundings. It may be that a supplier is already delivering on foot or by bicycle. If not, you may wish to consider one of the options below
2) Ask your supplier to consider a greener delivery option - If your supplier is currently delivering by van, moped or taxi, the next option may be to ask them to consider a greener delivery option. If they are a locally-based supplier then Better Bankside's green cargo-bike delivery service is efficient, competitively-priced and run by an experienced delivery company. You can ask them to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore options
3) Order from a supplier using cargo-bikes - your other option is to order from a supplier who is already using a low-impact delivery method. Below are a small selection of locally based businesses offering business services delivered by Better Bankside's cargo-bike
GAIL's Bakery - A London-based artisanal bakery offering a selection of breads, pastries and breakfast, lunch and dinner options for delivery to your business. The NEO Bankside branch also has a 10% off Buzz Card offer on for buzz card holders
Wine / Beverage Suppliers
Lant Street Wine Co - Offering interesting and excellent value wines in Borough for over 30 years