1. Purpose of this Statement
This statement tells you how Better Bankside will collect and process your personal data when you access this website.
2. Automated Collection of Personal Information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
3. Non-Automated Collection
Where you are required under this website to provide personal data this data will be used internally and will not be revealed to any other third parties and will remain confidential, accessible only by those who have a legitimate need to know within our organisation.
For example this website typically serve:
1. session cookie - to see how long an anonymous user has used the site continously
2. twitter (feeds), facebook (Like button) and google analytics (tracking) all set multiple cookies - these are known as 3rd party external cookies, but they are set via our sites
3. any video services such as youtube will serve cookies in order to display videos
5. a cookie to enable our Sharing function
Managing cookies in your browse - most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons.
The links below take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies:
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome – http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari – http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- Safari iOS – http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Android – http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Blackberry – http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_o...
- Windows Phone – http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-priva...
5. Credit card details
As a future implementation on our website, where credit card details have been requested as part of a transaction between you and us, these details will be encrypted and handled by a secure web server using SSL technology.
6. Changes to this statement
This statement and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact us.