Great Portland Estates plc’s proposals for the redevelopment of New City Court will provide a new destination for the London Bridge Area, with much needed office, retail and leisure space, as well as enhancing existing historic assets.
The majority of the site is occupied by the early 1980s offices of New City Court, no. 20 St. Thomas Street. The site is situated to the south of St Thomas Street and east of Borough High Street.
Summary of proposal:
- Office space (333,00 sqft)
- Affordable workspace (8,000 sqft)
- Retail/food and beverage space (20,000 sqft) (2,500 sqft of which will be affordable retail space)
- Leisure space (6,500 sqft)
- A new public square
- Restoration of the historic yards, creating enhanced accessibility and permeability in the local area
- An ‘Elevated Botanic Garden’; a double height public garden with a cafe/restaurant and an outdoor terrace
- A 200-seater auditorium (the ‘Hub’) with an outdoor terrace
- A new entrance/exit to the London Bridge Underground Station on Borough High Street (accessed from the new public square)
You can see more information on their website.