Build the applause for Merge and make sure everyone’s talking about it
Merge is Better Bankside’s acclaimed month-long annual arts, music and performance festival, curated by Illuminate Productions.
The festival, from 19th September to 20th October 2013, brings artists together in experimental partnerships in unusual venues and situations, drawing on Bankside's rich heritage, local identity and contemporary culture.
Merge needs someone with a strong understanding of social media platforms and digital trends to help build Merge’s presence on various social media sites. The volunteer Social Media Assistants will monitor daily content and fan engagement on sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work.
- Developing creative and engaging content for various social media platforms
- Managing and monitoring comment modules on social sites; initiating fan discussion and engaging with fans on Facebook and Twitter
- Researching ways of improving the Merge social media platforms and integrating these
- Assisting with the planning, promotion and execution of special social media campaigns specific to Merge Festival
- Documenting Merge and Illuminate Production-related events and uploading photos, videos and blog content on social media sites
- Tracking and monitoring the success of social media initiatives using analytic tools to produce reports and find areas of improvement
- Writing, editing and posting press releases and feature stories
Skills and expertise needed:
- Excellent IT, Word and Excel plus basic knowledge and use of Photoshop
- Good knowledge of and ability to use social media platforms
- Organised and punctual
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to think outside the box
- Co-operative and collaborative
- Good at problem solving
The time commitment for these volunteer roles is at least one day a week Monday to Friday, starting immediately and during the festival in September and October. Volunteers will need to supply their own laptop, Mac or PC. Travel expenses are provided. This role is based in Bankside, with the option for some home working.
About Illuminate Productions
Illuminate is a not-for-profit curatorial organisation providing a platform for artists, musicians and performers. They aim to open up London’s lost buildings and spaces, enabling artists to make site-specific work in unusual and challenging contexts. The artists involved are both emergent British artists and established international artists. These projects not only benefit the artists and musicians involved but have a direct impact on the local community.
Caroline Jones 020 7357 9003
email: angie [at] illuminateproductions.co.uk or caroline [at] illumintaeproductions.co.uk
Useful links: www.illuminateproductions.co.uk