Celebrate Christmas in Bankside with the Bankside Winter Festival
Join the first Bankside Winter Festival and celebrate Christmas in Bankside as well as the rich history and diversity in the area. Organised by local residents and supported by local businesses, the Bankside Winter Festival aims to promote social cohesion and celebrates the local community.
Whether you live or work in Bankside why not bring your children along and get to know your neighbours? The Bankside Winter Festival is open to people from all walks of life and backgrounds; people from all ages, ethnicities, genders, faiths, including those that are non-religious.
- Details of the Bankside Winter Festival
- Date: Sunday 4 December 2016
- Time: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Location: Market Hall, Borough Market
Volunteers are needed to help set up the space for the festival. Please arrive between 2:30 - 3pm at the Market Hall in Borough Market. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Charmaine Graves on banksidetmo [at] gmail.com (subject: Volunteer%20for%20Bankside%20Winter%20Festival)
There will be a variety of entertainment and activities at the Bankside Winter Festival including:
- Choirs of Bankside and festive music
- Live nativity
- Santa and his elves
- Fun games and activities for both children and adults alike
- Culturally diverse Christmas food
- Mulled wine to keep you warm
- Arts and crafts stall(s)
- Selling handmade ornaments, Christmas gifts, last minute stocking fillers and other beautiful handcrafted accessories.
The first Bankside Community Christmas Tree will be on show at the festival and everyone in the Bankside community, young and old, are encouraged to come and decorate it with either handmade or bought ornaments.
Don't miss this Christmas in Bankside!
To attend it would be really helpful if you could rsvp to banksidetmo [at] gmail.com (subject: RSVP%20for%20Bankside%20Winter%20Festival) and outline how many people will be attending with you.