Community Gardening Sessions
Why Get Involved
At BOST, they are passionate about restoring, maintaining, and preserving urban green spaces. They champion open spaces in SE1 and strive to protect the beauty and history of one of the oldest parts of London. They seek to create and improve parks and gardens to benefit residents, local workers and visitors and rely on their cohort of regular community volunteers to help maintain the spaces.
Volunteer Roles Include
- Thursdays: Winchester Palace lunchtime group, SE1 9DN (12.30 -13.30) – small group so 1 or 2 spaces available
- Fridays: Crossbones lunchtime group SE1 1TA (12.00 – 14.00) –generally up to 2 spaces available
- Mondays: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Tuesdays: Morning gardening group at Christ Church Garden, Blackfriars Road SE1 8NY (10.00 – 13.00) – generally up to 3 spaces available
- Wednesdays: All day gardening group, various sites SE1 (10.00 start) – generally up to 3 spaces available
Other (flexible dates, content to be agreed with volunteer)
- Office volunteering – volunteer over an agreed period and help us organise a BOST event or deliver a project.
- Pro bono work – provide specialist, professional skills to help enhance and expand the invaluable work BOST already does in SE1.
sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: BOST%20Community%20Gardening) (Express your interest here) in order to get involved.