Could you help out on Christmas Day?
Every year on Christmas Day, Southwark People Care Association hosts a Christmas Party for local residents who would otherwise be on their own. They’re a volunteer-run charity that’s been holding the party since before WWII - helping to reduce loneliness and social isolation for countless people over the years. Our guests enjoy a good traditional Christmas Dinner and lots of great entertainment as part of the festivities
Can you help to make this possible this year?
Help is needed:
- Helping the party run smoothly on the 25th, at the hall any time from 10am to 6pm
- Laying up tables on 23rd from 10am until noon.
- As a Car Driver on the 25th - If you can arrive with a car this is most helpful as there are always extra people to pick up.
- As a bus escort.Starting at 9am, assisting the driver by knocking on doors and phoning ahead to speed things up as much as possible.
- By donating - If you can make a donation towards the costs please go to the website www.southwarkpca.org.uk
If you can help in one of these ways please contact Danny the Volunteer Coordinator on dannywaltersa [at] gmail.com (subject: Christmas%20Day%20Party) now or phone 07517 545130.
Please Do Not Turn Up Without First Contacting Danny by 22nd December, as tasks are planned in advance and it really can be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth!
In accordance with our Vulnerable Adults Policy volunteers will be required to register at the College on the day with proof of name and address. This will have to be strictly enforced and people turned away.
Note there is no public transport on the 25th.