Do you have a passion for adventure?
The Scouts have vacancies across South London, but particularly in SE1, for committee members to support their scout groups locally.
There are a variety of roles available, including:
The committee usually meets three-five times a year to discuss the running of a Scout group and how to continue the group’s development.
Volunteering with the Scouts offers you the opportunity to:
- Put your skills to good use
- Get involved in a number of other projects, e.g. event management, volunteer recruitment, fundraising etc.
- Experience volunteering within the charitable sector
- Meet new people and have fun
- Become an active member of your community and give something back
Get in touch with sarah.morris [at] southlondonscouts.org.uk (Sarah Morris)
for a chat about getting involved!
With 400,000 members in the UK, Scouting is the largest mixed youth organisation in the country. There are Scout groups right across South London who need assistance, but in particular at the moment they are recruiting to groups near Waterloo and London Bridge stations. They provide activities, fun, challenge, and adventure for young people aged six-25 years old. They aim to help young people reach their potential as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.