Put your business skills to use
Southwark has one of the most diverse community sectors in the country, with 1,125 registered charities and an estimated 3000 further community groups. However, sometimes these organisations can struggle to grow, as they lack various strategic skills. Engage with the local community whilst doing what you do best by sharing your business experience. You can help Southwark’s charities and community groups grow over a set period of time, supported by Community Action Southwark and Better Bankside.
Mentors are particularly needed with workplace experience in the following areas:
- Accountancy/ Finance/ Budgeting
- Premises management
- IT & Telecoms
- Website/digital development
Can this be you? If so, becoming a mentor will give you the opportunity to:
- Have the satisfaction of seeing an organisation grow and develop with your support.
- Apply and develop your skills in a new context
- Learn about local voluntary sector organisations
- Commit to the amount of time that you can afford, whilst knowing that you will be making a difference
kb [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Mentoring%20interest%20-%20more%20info%20please) (Request an information pack) to find out if you can keep Southwark's community sector strong.