The Robes Project are looking for new volunteers
The Robes Project winter night shelters are run by teams of volunteers across 28 venues in Southwark and Lambeth.
There are a range of opportunities for volunteers to do in the morning and evenings including welcome guests, prepare drinks, socialise, cook and serve dinner, wash laundry and cook breakfast.
Two or three volunteers stay with the guests overnight.
Robes are also looking for volunteers for a number of other projects and office based roles, such as
- Wednesday lunch club and drop-in volunteers (Wednesdays from 10:30 to 2:30)
- Guest mentoring and befriending volunteers (flexible)
- Guest accompanying volunteer – to go with guests to appointments or flat viewings (needs to be available at least one week-day / week)
- Organising events and fundraising activities (flexible)
- Attending events and fundraising activities (various)
- Office based / admin roles (flexible)
- Publicity / media (flexible)
For more information on how to get involved sak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Robes%20Project%20volunteering) (contact us)