New working environments, reduction in social interaction and the stress and uncertainty surrounding the pandemic has posed challenges to our mental health. To help support Bankside's employees, we are hosting a Mental Health First Aid Aware training session, led by Mental Health First Aid England.
This introductory course raises awareness of mental health. You will gain:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to offer support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
This 4 hour course will be delivered online. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a link to the Mental Health England portal where you’ll submit your details, including postal address, in order to be sent your workbook.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
The only way to RSVP for this event is via eventbrite - you cannot RSVP to this event using the booking form on this page.
Sep 28 2020