This introductory course explores the key themes of equality, diversity, equity and inclusion. It includes analysis of the key themes and what they mean in practice. It includes an overview of equalities legislation, explores the barriers faced by equalities communities and groups and provides an opportunity to embed the course themes into practice.
- Create a safe learning environment to explore attitudes, beliefs and values
- An open, reflective and objective space
- Time for discussion and self-reflection
- Cover key equalities legislation
- Help to make equality, diversity, equity and inclusion relevant to you
- Overview of equalities law, duties and responsibilities
- Case studies and case law
- Definitions of terms including: direct and indirect discrimination, discrimination by association and perception, harassment and victimisation
- Definitions of positive action, positive discrimination, reasonable adjustments and occupational requirements
- Language and its impact
- Why representation matters
- Introduction to cultural competence
- Introduction to intersecting identities
- Introduction to unconscious bias
- Putting equalities into practice
This interactive training will be run by The Diversity Trust.
Please note your organisation must be a Better Bankside member to attend this training. If you are unsure, please get in touch with us to confirm. Maximum of two attendees per business.