Join us for a 90-minute writing workshop, led by writer Gemma Seltzer, where she will guide you through exercises that wake you up with words. The group session is open to everyone, whether you are a new writer, an experienced writer, or just someone looking to incorporate some creativity into their day.
We will use the stuff of life to inspire new writing; think old London maps, photographs, Lego figures, dice or the morning Metro. You won’t be expected to share your writing, which offers great freedom and encourages all kinds of unexpected ideas to emerge.
We will also explore the benefits that creative writing can bring to your working life, including:
- Increasing innovation, productivity and self-awareness.
- Improving your ability to persuade and motivate with words.
- Developing your creative, descriptive and analytical skills by reviewing different pieces of published writing.
- Feeling energised by writing rapidly and continuously, letting go of doubts and self-criticism.
- Exploring new ways to express yourself, to have faith in your own voice and enhance your ability to judge your own work.
We will provide breakfast to power you through the session - all you need to bring is a pen and something to write on. RSVP via the link on the left.
Gemma Seltzer also runs online and face-to-face Write & Shine workshops in London. For more details visit write-and-shine.com.
(Photo credit: Rachel Cherry Photography)
Aug 9 2016