After the indulgences of the festive season let us help you to achieve a better you for 2019. Throughout January we will be running a series of fitness and wellness activities for a better mind, body, and soul. From weekly yoga and outdoor exercise sessions to talks on nutrition, plus exclusive Buzz card offers at local gyms, salons and more, there's something to help you achieve any of your New Year goals.
For all events, please click here.
For all offers, please click here.
Fitness, weight loss and health
If you're looking to lose weight, exercise more, or eat better in 2019, we've got plenty to help you on your way.
- StreetGym sessions every Wednesday in January - See your city in a different light as we make the best use of London’s iconic urban terrain. You’ll run up to three miles guided by a professional fitness instructor, stopping along the way at various bits of street furniture and architectural features to perform bodyweight-based exercises.
- Yoga every week in January - For a more gentle approach or to complement a high-intensity workout, try one of our yoga sessions. Each week will introduce a different style of yoga.
- Speed walking sessions in your lunch break - Make time to get away from your desk and take to the streets for a lunchtime speed walk. You'll cover up to three miles in 40 minutes, and burn up to 300 calories.
- Learn about nutrition and how to fuel your body - Join us for breakfast to learn about how to fuel your mind and body, and how mood is linked to food.
- Find out how to make your resolutions stick - This talk from a leading personal trainer will teach us how our mind works, and how to set ourselves up for success when it comes to setting goals and resolutions.
- Sign up to one of Bankside's gyms
- Bankside Health Club is offering 50% off joining fee and free Boditrax scan to see that your body is more than just kilos or stones, and make your fitness goals more personal.
- The Fitting Rooms - get a free consultation plus 10% off your first purchase
- Flying Fantastic are offering 3 classes for £45 - a perfect chance to try your hand at a completely different fitness experience. They are also giving away 5 lessons for free - enter here.
- Cycle safety session - pop down on your way home to find out how you appear to a HGV driver. This interactive lorry will be in place so that you can climb up into the cab to gain awareness of the vulnerability of cyclists and pedestrians.
- Cycle maintenance - Come along to find out how to keep your bike in tip top condition and to fix up your bike if you plan to start riding more in 2019
- Borrow a Brompton - If you're thinking about cycling to work in the New Year, why not borrow a bike for free to trial your commute?
Emotional and mental well-being
- Take some time in a safe space at The Dragon Café -
- Learn about how to build up your resilience - This talk will help you develop your toolbox of techniques for dealing with adverse situations, and how to cope with stress in our day-to-day lives.
- Get a grip on your Purpose - We've partnered with The School of Life to deliver this workshop on 'Purpose'. This workshop and seminar will be focused on understanding our values, and how we can make a plan to develop our sense of purpose
- Free Qigong classes
- Free acupuncture
- 30 minute Reiki sessions for £10
If one of your resolutions was to save money or make a budget, we've got some workshops to help you on your way.
- What is a pension, and how to make it work for you - we've got Pension Bee coming in for a lunchtime session on how to understand pensions and make them work for you.
- Save the planet and your pocket by mending your own clothes - Bring along your clothes that have been sitting at the bottom of your drawers and we'll teach you how to fix them.
- Save money with Buzz offers - Why spend full price on your lunches, haircuts, and coffee, when you can save money with your Buzz card?
Try something new
Learn a skill or take up a hobby
- Win one of 5 free lessons at Flying Fantastic
- Enter our competition to win one of 3 vouchers for DIY lessons at The Good Life Centre
- Learn basic sewing skills
- Learn to fix your bike
There's plenty of treats and offers throughout Bankside in January to make that post-Christmas month a bit easier
- £1 coffee at tibits - drop by tibits before 11am in January to get coffee for just £1
- Free massages and goodie bags at Neal's Yard Remedies - pop into the Borough Market store to enjoy complimentary hand and arm massages, 20% discount on organic skincare and free goodie bags with every purchase.
Keep an eye out for more Better You events and offers, to be revealed soon - and join the conversation using #BetterYou.