A week long exhibition exploring the climate impact of our neighbourhood.
From 25 – 29 October, the exhibition at St. Felix Place is complimented by events, workshops and discussions.*
Better Bankside has made a commitment to pioneer green business and become a low carbon neighbourhood by 2025 and carbon Net Zero by 2030. With this in mind, we want to encourage active participation from Bankside’s businesses and the local community.
We want to lead the local conversation and scrutinise what a low carbon neighbourhood looks like for Bankside, now and for the future. Better Bankside will transform a Southwark Street railway arch into a hub for climate action, open to the public in the run up to COP26. It will also be a fun and playful space, that encourages people to interact and learn, sparking conversation and mobilising action from individuals and businesses from the Bankside community and beyond.
Join us for:
- Radical Realities Exhibition – modelling scenarios of what we need to change in Bankside to live a low carbon future. Register your team for our opening night Eco Quiz
- Creative workshops – including lunchtime seed bomb making and drop-in pledge placard making
- Climate Politics: Think Global, Act Local – Where are the opportunities for local politics to make a difference to global issues?
- Fruity Walks tour
- Thames Foreshore Clean up lunchtime session
- Bankside Built Environment: Towards Net Zero panel discussion
- Climate change: handling fear and anxiety with Breathe London
- Borough Market Talks –the future of food & sustainability
- Silent Disco Litter Pick
- Show and Tell – Paper Round’s fully electric truck
- Breakfast Ramble – Bankside Urban Forest and Low Line
Keep an eye out on our events page for more details of how you can be involved.
*Exhibition viewable between events and all-day Thursday 28th October.