2020 is here, and in true 'New Year' fashion, we are all struck with the urge to hit the reset and refresh button on life. Better Bankside are back with our annual series of wellbeing, fitness, happiness and health events aimed to restore, relax and refresh the body, mind and soul. From weekly fitness sessions and talks on wellbeing, nutrition and health to opportunities to learn something new, plus exclusive Buzz Card offers at local gyms, salons and more, there's something to help you achieve any of your New Year goals.
For all events, please click here.
For all offers, please click here.
Fitness and physical health
Whether you're looking to exercise more, join a new gym or class, look after your body better physically or eat better in 2020, we've got plenty to help you on your way.
- Free StreetGym sessions every Wednesday in January - See your city in a different light as we make the best use of London’s iconic urban terrain. You’ll run up to three miles guided by a professional fitness instructor, stopping along the way at various bits of street furniture and architectural features to perform bodyweight-based exercises. All fitness levels welcome!
- Free Yoga, Core and Pilates at 3Tribes Studio throughout January. Start every week right with 3Tribes Mondays. Each week try out one of their most popular classes for free. Vinyasa Flow yoga, hot core, hot Pilates and yin yoga.
- Free intro to Qigong - We've teamed up with Balance Garden who are offering a free Qigong session. Combine coordinated body-posture and movement with breathing, and meditation to gain health, spirituality, and martial-arts training.
- Join us for a breakfast discussion led by Clare Pacey, expert in pelvic health physio at Complete Physio, to learn all about women’s health and the importance of seeing a Women’s health physio for your physical wellbeing.
- Free Pilates class with Ruth Smith from Complete Physio
- Gym @ The Bridge (female-only) gym is offering a free trial week from 13th-19th January. Enjoy access to the gym and all classes for the whole week. From 13th - 26th, you can receive 15% off annual and 3 month memberships.
- The Siding x Balance Garden - Get 50% off of a 5 class pass for Balance Garden at The Siding in Flat Iron Square throughtout January.
- 3Tribes Yoga Studio - Get a reduced drop-in class for £15, and try out a Floation Tank Therapy Session for just £45.
- Borrow a Brompton - If you're thinking about cycling to work in the New Year, why not borrow a bike for free to trial your commute?
- Dr Bike - Come along on the final day of Better You - 31 Jan - for our monthly bicycle MOT. Drop off your Bike with us between 8:30am - 9:45am to collect again between 12 - 4pm. Your bike will be checked over to asses: the general roadworthiness, that the brake pads and cables are functioning properly, that the gears are functioning properly, that the tyres are well inflated and that there's no indication of any inner tube punctures.
Emotional and mental well-being
Look after your mind and soul with these free informative, interactive and relaxed sessions.
- Join us for our curated breakfast talk series in collaboration with Balance Garden and Tibits. On Friday mornings, at delicious local plant-based restaurant Tibits, we'll be discussing various topics surrounding emotional and mental wellbeing including: nutrition and mental health, striking a realistic work/life balance and building resilience in personal and work life.
- Qigong class - Join us here in our Bankside Space for a free introduction to the ancient Chinese tradition of Qigong, led by an instructor from Balance Garden.
- Intro to Mindfulness - Join us here in our Bankside Space for an Introduction to Mindfulness and meditation, led by a coach from Balance Garden
- Mental Health First Aid Training - We're hosting an all day session with Mental Health First Aid England, for members of the local business community to help support the wellbeing of colleagues in the workplace. This is fully booked already but please keep eyes peeled for our next session.
Strapped for cash after Christmas? Looking to save money and budget responsibly? Interested to learn more on investing, financial protection and your pension pot?
- Financial Advice Workshop - Halta Haxhia from Aurora Financial - In this interactive workshop, expect a crash course on savings, protection, investments and pensions. You'll assess your own current financial situation, and what aspects you'd like to work on. You will then work on building a financial plan and will gain the knowldge to carry this forward on your own. You can also book a free consultantion with Halta at Aurora Financial to go through your plan in detail.
- Save money with Buzz offers - Why spend full price on your lunches, haircuts, and coffee, when you can save money with your Buzz card?
Try something new
Learn a skill, discover a hidden talent or take up a hobby:
- Qigong - We've teamed up with Balance Garden to offer a free taster of Qigong. Combine coordinated body-posture and movement with breathing, and meditation to gain health, spirituality, and martial-arts training.
- The Goodlife Centre: Micro DIY Skills - In the increasingly quick, easy, technologically advanced world that we live in, it is easy to forget the basics! We've teamed up with The Good Life Centre to offer free lunch workshops on: Drilling into brick and tile, Cutting tile with wet saws and hand tools, create an electrical lamp circuit and how to attatch a hook to a hollow wall.
- M.Y.O: Art and Craft sessions - Get crafty and come along to one of our free sessions with M.Y.O (Make Your Own), local Bankside arts and craft playground for adults. Embroidery for beginners? Creative hand lettering? Take home your own Lino print? Take your pick.
- Better Bankside Pub Quiz - If you've not been before, what are you waiting for. Come along on 14 January, to our monthly pub quiz, with a team of your wisest colleagues. Hosted by our wonderfully glamourous bearded drag queen Ms Timberlina.
- In-house gardening session with our Urban Gardener Georgia Smith - to be confirmed
Give yourself a treat, and banish January blues, with our pick me up offers, discounts and treats:
- Free massages and goodie bags at Neal's Yard Remedies - pop into the Borough Market store to enjoy complimentary hand massages, 20% discount on organic skincare and free luxuary goodie bags with every purchase. Valid from 20th - 26th January
- Complimentary treatments for the hair and skin at O'Sullivans - O'Sullivans are offering a huge range of hair and beauty offers to keep you feeling tip top in January. Beauty offers include: a complimentary SkinSolver consultation (by appointment) or a facial ProSkin 60 minutes for the price of the ProSkin 30minutes (£30 instead of £70) when the you book the facial appointment during the consultation. Hair offers include: a complimentary L’Oreal Smartbond treatment (£30 worth) with any colour services, a complimentary Kerastase K Water treatment (worth £7) with any blowdry, a complimentary Kerastase Fusio scrub (worth £7) for any clients having shorter hairstyles.
- 3Tribes - Get a reduced drop-in class for £15, and try out a Floation Tank Therapy Session for just £45.
- Balance Garden @ The Siding - Get 50% off of a 5 class pass for Balance Garden at The Siding in Flat Iron Square throughtout January.
- Gym @ The Bridge - (female-only) gym is offering a free trial week from 13th-19th January. Enjoy access to the gym and all classes for the whole week. From 13th - 26th, you can receive 15% off annual and 3 month memberships.
Follow us on Twitter and keep an eye on our events page for more Better You events and offers, to be revealed soon - and join the conversation using #BetterYou.