Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is currently consulting on train timetables from 2018. GTR is the new rail franchise for all lines that are currently served by Southern, Thameslink, Great Northern and the Gatwick Express. The consultation is in preparation for a host of changes and improvements to train services as a result of the London Bridge station redevelopment and associated track upgrades. This will mean many more trains are able to run north-south through London, with tube like frequency between St Pancras and Blackfriars.
This consultation sets out the proposed number of trains per hour and frequency between 0700 and 2200. A second consultation will take place next year on early morning and late night services and number of carriages and capacity.
The deadline for this consultation is 17:00 on Thursday 8 December 2016
To respond to the consultation, we suggest the following:
1. Download the consultation document (see left of this page or click on the Useful Weblink). You can also see a two page guidance sheet we have put together on which questioins may be relevant to you
2. Find the section most relevant to you:
- Thameslink (pages 10-22)
- Southern (pages 23-60)
- Gatwick Express (page 61)
- Great Northern (pages 62-71)
3. Search by your home station for the proposed timetables that relate to your journey
4. Where given, note the Route Number(s) that you would like to comment on
5. Go to https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2018timetableconsultation to give your comments. Questions 1-14 are for all respondents. Then just respond to the questions that relate to the routes you use.