EmploySE1 is an innovative project that helps match local jobs with local people. The project was launched in January 2011 by the three Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in Southwark - Better Bankside, Waterloo Quarter* and Team London Bridge. In February 2013 EmploySE1 was expanded to support businesses and candidates in Lambeth and now includes Vauxhall One BID. If you think you have what it takes, read the job description below and apply!
Job Title: EmploySE1 Assistant Co-ordinator
Employer: Better Bankside (on behalf of EmploySE1)
Job Type: 1 year fixed term contract; 35 hours per week based with four partner BIDS & Lambeth Working Brokerage
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Closing Date: 7th March 2014
Interview Dates: 11th to 14th March 2014 (TBC) Start Date: TBC
EmploySE1 is an innovative project that helps match local jobs with local people. The project was launched in January 2011 by the three Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in Southwark - Better Bankside, Waterloo Quarter* and Team London Bridge. In February 2013 EmploySE1 was expanded to support businesses and candidates in Lambeth and now includes Vauxhall One BID. The EmploySE1 Manager manages the day-to-day running of the project.
The EmploySE1 website provides an online mechanism for businesses to register and upload their (mainly entry-level) job vacancies to www.employ-se1.co.uk, committing in the process to an ‘employers accord’.
Publicly funded, free-to-employer recruitment agencies, frequently working with clients who are long-term unemployed, sign up to a charter mark that commits them to certain standards of service and can then submit appropriate candidates to employers via the same website.
The project helps businesses in the four BID areas to recruit local people easily and completely free of charge. The pilot phase of the project demonstrated that businesses employing people who live locally often experienced better attendance and lower absence rates as result. Since March 2011, over 200 businesses have registered on the website and over 1100 jobs have been sourced. 119 people have found jobs through EmploySE1 since its launch in January 2011.
*Please note that Waterloo Quarter BID also covers part of Lambeth
As Assistant Co-ordinator you will be expected to act as an integral part of the EmploySE1 and BID teams. You will work closely with the EmploySE1 Manager to engage employers, identify employment opportunities and feed back to agencies as required. You will also support new and existing agencies to engage with the programme, supplying appropriate local candidates and upholding the terms of the agency charter mark. You will also support the EmploySE1 Manager in liaising with members of the local authority and support cross-borough collaboration between Lambeth and Southwark Councils and agencies, including regular delivery of employment brokerage services from Lambeth Working premises.
You will assist with marketing and communicating the EmploySE1 and Lambeth Working initiatives, including the development and delivery of events, liaising with BID teams to ensure maximum publicity for the schemes and developing an EmploySE1 project newsletter. You will also support the EmploySE1 Manager in expanding the focus of the initiative to access multiple vacancies from SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) and help deliver employer-specific candidate training as required.
Place of work and reporting:
The post will be based initially for one day per week at the Lambeth Working Brokerage in Brixton. On the remaining four days, the post will be hosted at the offices of the four partner Business Improvement Districts. The post-holder will report to the EmploySE1 Manager, with ‘dotted line’ reporting to the Lambeth Working Brokerage & Network Manager at Lambeth Council.
Purpose of post:
To support the EmploySE1 Manager at this critical time of expansion for EmploySE1. Additionally, to support and promote the development of Lambeth Working employment brokerage services within the borough of Lambeth.
- Engaging new businesses in the initiative, with a particular focus on SMEs, working closely with the Employ SE1 Manager
- Supporting businesses to post vacancies, and assisting with the dissemination of vacancies in line with identified Employ SE1 and Lambeth Working processes and procedures
- Filtering candidate CVs, undertaking intensive screening and selection for advertised vacancies through both Employ SE1 and Lambeth Working
- Participate in screening and selection activities such as open days, pre-screening sessions and interview preparation as required
- Liaising with agencies alongside the Employ SE1 Manager and providing feedback to them in line with the agency Charter Mark
- Answering general queries by telephone or email
- Monitoring website traffic & use – registrations, visits and activities
- Sending monthly updates to agencies and businesses through e-newsletters
- Organising and scheduling meetings
- Updating Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Maintaining records and filing systems
- These are the key duties and responsibilities for the post and they are subject to regular review. Any significant changes to the role will be subject to consultation.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Proficiency in liaising with contacts at varying levels of seniority within a wide variety of private sector organisations
- Good command of Microsoft Office Skills inc Word, Email, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organised and flexible
- Working knowledge of social media
- Ability to multi- task and meet challenging deadlines
- At least 1 years’ experience working in similar role- including reviewing CVs, recruitment and candidate work
- Understanding of local employment issues, the Work Programme, and Southwark/ Lambeth economic development would be an asset
- Confident communicator by phone, email and in person in business environment
How to apply:
Please apply by CV and covering letter to Rutie Mupfurutsa EmploySE1 Manager rm [at] employ-se1.co.uk. Your covering letter should state why you think you are suited to this role, giving examples of how you meet the skills and duties required by the position. The closing date for applications is 12.00pm on Friday 7th March. Late applications will not be considered.