Better Bankside’s contractor, ABM is seeking a hands-on Street Cleaner to help deliver the street cleansing service for Bankside neighbourhood. The role will be a part of a growing cleaning team in a fast-paced environment. Working closely with local authority and local business, ABM is looking for an operative with a can-do attitude, and excellent communications skills.
- Drive and maintain a van and pressure wash external areas/clean graffiti.
- To undertake, as part of the team, the cleaning and set up of designated areas to ensure that they are kept in a clean, hygienic and safe condition.
- Ensure assignments are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ability to discuss general cleaning procedures and/or methods with the staff/workers that are assigned to different areas/tasks; recommend and carry out changes in procedures (cleaning methods) if the need arises.
- Maintain cleaning standards and procedures are adhered to in line with the SLA.
- Must possess excellent communication skills including grasp and professional level of written and spoken English.
- Maintain safe working practices, using correct barriers, and signage and ensure team have the correct PPE
- Must have good interpersonal attributes.
- Must display a high level of integrity because he/she may be in a position to take care of the client assets
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Should have a clear understanding of customer service guidelines/principles
- Must have relevant experience in cleaning and supervision of cleaning procedures
- UK driving licence preferable but not essential
- Excellent and clear communication skill
- Excel / word
- Strong problem-solving skills – the successful applicant must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanour, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills are critical as is the ability to promote the open flow of information by actively soliciting and listening to the ideas of others
Applications to be submitted by 2 September 2022. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include Better Bankside in the subject heading.