When cycling in a large City like London, the strongest bike locks should always be used. With cycling increasing in popularity as a mode of transport and travel in Bankside, make sure to follow these tips to keep your bicycle as safe as possible when left unattended.
- Never use a ‘cable’ lock, these can easily be cut through by bike thieves. The most recommended and secure locks are U-shaped steel bike locks, similar to the ones pictured.
- The attached pdf gives a good breakdown of how to choose the best lock for you.
- Always make sure to lock the bike through both frame and a wheel.
- For your own peace of mind, bikes should always be insured outside of the home.
- Check out our next Dr Bike session to get a free same-day health check for your bicycle.
- If you work in Bankside, ak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Secure%20Cycle%20Park%20enquiry) (get in touch with us) to enquire about using our secure cycle storage park.