When cycling in a large City like London, the strongest bike locks should always be used. With cycling increasing in popularity as a mode of transport and travel in Bankside, make sure to follow these tips to keep your bicycle as safe as possible when left unattended.
- Never use a ‘cable’ lock, these can easily be cut through by bike thieves. The most recommended and secure locks are U-shaped steel bike locks, similar to the ones pictured.
- The attached pdf gives a good breakdown of how to choose the best lock for you.
- Always make sure to lock the bike through both frame and a wheel.
- For your own peace of mind, bikes should always be insured outside of the home.
- Check out our next Dr Bike session on 28 August for free bike marking. This means you're more likely to be reunited with your bicycle in the event that it is stolen or lost.
- If you work in Bankside, ak [at] betterbankside.co.uk (subject: Secure%20Cycle%20Park%20enquiry) (get in touch with us) to enquire about using our secure cycle storage park.