Many Banksiders are taking to their bikes to commute to and from work, which is set to increase as more workplaces reopen. We’ve always advocated the benefits of cycling but understand that being without a secure place to store your bike can be a significant obstacle. With this in mind we’ve launched the new Better Bankside Secure Cycle Park with increased capacity and a digital entry system for ease of access for users.
If you cycle to work in Bankside and don’t already have a secure location to park, please register for a spot. By using the park you reduce the risk of bicycle theft and will keep your bike safe and dry.
Where is it?
Arch 58 Ewer Street, SE1 0NR – a secure arch along the Low Line in Bankside, next to the Crossfit Central London Gym.
24-hour digital access and open seven days a week.
How does it work?
- Access is by an app available for Android or Apple phones.
- Read and confirm compliance and understanding of the cycle park’s terms and conditions here – this can be done by email.
- Complete this simple user registration form and email to email@example.com.
- We will need to verify that you work for a company in Bankside and then enrol you onto the digital access system.
- You will receive an email with a registration code and link to download the free app. You’ll use this to gain access to the cycle park.
Other useful information:
- You must still use a good bike lock in the cycle park itself – please do not use cable locks.
- To enter the arch, simply open the app and hover the phone near the card reader to unlock the door; when exiting the arch hover a hand over the door exit panel to unlock.
- The arch is covered by CCTV.
- When visiting the facility your image will be kept on CCTV recording for 30 days.
- If you don’t have a smartphone compatible with the app a £20 returnable deposit is required for a keyfob.
If you have any further questions, please email Amandeep Kellay or call 0207 928 3998