Walk to Work Week is nearly here on 12th-16th May. Sign up and compete against other Bankside businesses and win a Walk Doctor session for your company - not to mention the kudos of being the best walkers in Bankside!
Can you notch up the most distance? Sign up at www.walktoworkweek.org.uk and you can:
- Log your walks to see how they all add up to burn calories and save CO2
- View live workplace and team totalisers and leaderboards to spur you on
- Count all your walking, whether it’s to work, at lunch or for a meeting
- Get competitive with your colleagues and take part in individual and team activities
- Raise money for your favourite charity
Get the week off to a good start by joining us for our weekly speedwalk, leaving Flat Iron Square at 1:10pm on Monday 12th May. We’ll also be running an extra speedwalking session on Friday 16th May to help you boost those miles on the final day of competition! Find out more about Speedwalking here or email lp [at] betterbankside.co.uk (Liz) if you have any questions.
What is Walk Doctor?
We’ll be rewarded the top 5 active businesses with Walk Doctor session, a friendly face-to-face event delivered by Living Streets to help your employees feel the benefits of walking.
Benefits of walking include:
- Better shape - Burn calories and get fitter
- Clearer head - Blow away the cobwebs and relieve stress
- Team spirit - Join your team and complete with colleagues
- Hidden treasures - Make new discoveries in your area
- Fatter wallet - Save your travel fare and walk instead
- Carbon buster - Cut your environmental footprint
Download the information sheet on your left to find out more about Walk Doctor.