Another lockdown means more working from home and missing some of our favourite spots to socialise in Bankside. However you can still enjoy the best of Bankside from wherever you are by supporting our local businesses.
Whether you’re looking for home workouts to keep fit and healthy, or want your favourite dishes from local restaurants delivered to you, we’ve highlighted who’s open below.
We’ll continue to add more information to this page, so you can stay up to date throughout November.
- Casa do Frango – Authentic peri peri chicken restaurant, Casa do Frango is open for delivery. Find their full menu available to order along with some of their best selling Portuguese wines. Order here.
- Bala Baya – Tel Aviv inspired restaurant, Bala Baya will be delivering every day from 12pm – 8.30pm. Enjoy mediterranean meals made from fresh from the comfort of your own home. Order here.
- The Table Cafe – Enjoy award-winning delicious breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes 5 days a week (Wednesday to Sunday from 8am – 3.45pm). Order here.
- The Gentlemen Baristas – Coffee legends, The Gentlemen Baristas have partnered with Deliveroo to offer breakfast, lunch and pastry options. Order coffee from their roastery to make a barista quality at home brew. Order here.
- Brindisa – Fresh Spanish tapas available for order on Deliveroo. You can also order from the Brindisa Store for your Spanish deli groceries.
- Tossed – Get the full Tossed menu, available for click and collect or delivery via Deliveroo. Use the online ordering service to collect loyalty points. New customers get 50% off first orders when using their online ordering system. Use WELCOME50 at the check out.
- Roasting Plant Coffee – Located right next to London Bridge station, Roasting Plant Coffee will remain open for takeaway only (Monday – Friday, 10am- 4pm; Saturday – Sunday, 11am – 5pm).
- ASAP Pizza – ASAP Pizza returns to offer takeaway pizza delivery via slerp and Deliveroo. If you live in Bermondsey, Borough, London Bridge, Waterloo, Lambeth, Kennington, and Elephant & Castle, make sure to take advantage. Check out the menu.
- Bar Douro: Bottle Shop – Get a range of Portuguese wines direct to your door. No minimum order & free delivery for orders above £150. Order here.
- Vapiano Bankside – Vapiano Bankside make their own fresh pasta using premium durum wheat semolina and fresh water for a high protein fresh pasta. Order through their Click & Collect service or get a delivery. Order here.
- Caravan Bankside – Caravan Bankside has launched their menu on Deliveroo so that you can enjoy your favourite dishes from the comfort of home. Hot off the press, their weekday #StayHappy cocktail hour can be delivered too! Find out more.
- Union Viet Café – Union Viet Café is a small family run restaurant offering aromatic, fresh, authentic Vietnamese food. Their phở is patiently cooked overnight, and you can also get traditional noodle and rice dishes alongside a variety of sides and drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Order via Deliveroo or Uber Eats
- Sea Containers – Get the magic of Lyaness at home with their offer five cocktails available to purchase on Deliveroo, alongside three burgers/snacks. Cocktails come in different sizes, serving one, two or five. Burgers include chicken, beef and halloumi. Available every day, Monday – Friday: 2pm – 10pm and Saturday & Sunday: 1pm – 10pm.
- Tonkotsu Bankside – Hearty, soul-warming comfort food. Fresh ramen bowls, available to collect or get it delivered straight to your door. Open for click and collect, and delivery.
- Borough Market – The Market is remaining open to the public as a source of essential groceries and produce. If you can’t visit in person, order via Borough Market Online. In need of gift ideas this year that supports local small business? You can now get a Christmas hampers from Borough Market, made up of treats and ingredients from the traders. Order from Borough Market Online.
- Menier Store – A new opening in Bankside, customers can purchase fresh groceries, coffee, plants and lifestyle products from The Menier Store.
- Arabica – Middle Eastern restaurant Arabica has launched their Beirut meal kits. This finish-at-home family feast box includes falafel, meze, Börek and Künefe. Available for national delivery every Tuesday and Friday. Find out more and order here.
- Hawksmoor – If you’re looking to recreate a steak night dinner or professional cocktails at home, look no further than Hawksmoor’s home kits. View the kits here.
- Padella – For £14 – £15 (+ delivery) get one of the famous Padella pasta kits with all the ingredients to get the Padella experience at home. Serves 2 adults. Shop here.
Health and Fitness
- Bankside Fit Hub has set up a new subscription channel called Bankside TV, allowing you to work out from home with access to live and on demand classes. Get a 14 day free trial plus 50% off the first month’s subscription. Find out more and sign up.
If you’re a consumer-facing business in Bankside and would like some promotional support from Better Bankside, please contact Chelsea Bodenham, CB@betterbankside.co.uk.