Better Bankside’s annual Christmas gift appeal helps share kindness and generosity with people dealing with homelessness, or struggling with their mental health, and to our older neighbours in Bankside and across Southwark.
Last year, generous Banksiders helped provide gifts to nearly 900 people, that were distributed through charity and community partners in Bankside and across Southwark. The gifts were tailored to everyone’s needs, including warm clothing, toiletries, and edible treats.
For 2023 we’re building on the success of last year, using online wish lists again, but also bringing back in-person gift-wrapping sessions.
To make a difference this Christmas, choose a charity to support and click the link to go to their gift wish list page and start donating.
- Blackfriars Settlement Mental Health & Wellbeing Service – groups, activities and one-to-one support helping 95 people who are facing mental health challenges in the community.
- Blackfriars Settlement Positive Ageing Service – a day centre service providing support and social activities for 235 local older people.
- United St Saviours’ Hopton Street Almshouses (SOLD OUT) – the almshouses provide affordable accommodation for 24 older people.
- St Mungo’s Great Guildford Street hostel (SOLD OUT) – a 24-hour service that looks after 51 people who are affected by homelessness and have high support needs.
- The Manna Society – a day centre for homeless people and those in need, providing hot meals, hot showers, and clean clothes, as well as housing and welfare advice to around 160 people.
If you’d like to take part in our gift-wrapping sessions check out our events page.
Please help us promote the appeal to your colleagues by downloading and sharing the poster that has a QR that’ll take people directly to where they can donate. Download here
If you have any questions about the Bankside Christmas Gift Appeal, please get in touch with Kyri Vassilas.