Many Banksiders are taking to their bikes to commute to and from work. We’ve always advocated the benefits of cycling but understand that being without a secure place to store your bike can be a significant obstacle. With this in mind we’ve just launched the new Better Bankside Secure Cycle Park with an increased capacity and a digital entry system for ease of access for users.
If you cycle to work in Bankside and don’t already have a secure location to park, please register for a spot. By using the park you reduce the risk of bicycle theft and keep your bike safe and dry.
Where is it?
Arch 58 Ewer Street, SE1 0NR – a secure arch along the Low Line in Bankside, next to the Crossfit Central London Gym.
Opening Hours: 24/7 access.
How does it work?
Access is by an app available for Android or Apple phones.
- Read and confirm compliance and understanding of the cycle park’s terms and conditions (attached on this page) – this can be done by email
- Complete the simple online registration form
- We will verify that you work for a company in Bankside and enroll you onto the digital access system
- You will receive an email with a registration code and link to download the free app. You’ll use this to gain access to the cycle park
Other useful information:
- You must still use a good bike lock in the cycle park itself – please do not use cable locks.
- To enter the arch, simply open the app and hover the phone near the card reader to unlock the door; when exiting the arch hover a hand over the door exit panel to unlock.
- The arch is covered by CCTV.
- When visiting the facility your image will be kept on CCTV recording for 30 days.
- If you don’t have a smartphone compatible with the app a £20 returnable deposit is required for a keyfob.
If you have any further questions, please email Amandeep Kellay or tel 0207 928 3998