This training session is for those who have been learning and educating themselves on being anti-racist, and want to put their learning into action. The course is ideal as a follow up to the Intro to Anti-Racism course on 11 September (click here for details and to sign up). This course will look at the importance of showing up, allyship and intersectionality, being an inactive and active bystander, influencing your sphere and how to implement real change.
Outcomes of the session:
- An understanding of how racism shows up for people every day
- Awareness of how you can influence your sphere and make lasting change in the world around you
- What actions you can take in daily life to be a proactive ally rather than a bystander
- Increased confidence to stand up against racism
- Practical ways of living an anti-racist life
You will be sent some pre-work to complete ahead of this session to help you get the most from it.
This training will be held online and a link provided before the training.
This training course is delivered by Everyday Racism, an organisation that seeks to educate and provide resourced on being actively anti-racist. It was set up by sisters Natalie and Naomi Evans as a platform to share stories from Black and Brown people to highlight their everyday experiences of racism in the UK. It quickly evolved to share education information about language and anti-racist terminology, and now Everyday Racism provides training courses, workshops and educational resources all based around how to be actively anti-racist.