Better Bankside is proud to be one of the lead sponsors of the Bankside Open Spaces Festival 2023. The Festival will take place on 10 June 2023, 12-9pm and will include live music, dancing, events, food, drink and activities for all ages. Last year, the event attracted 20,000 people, so the team at Bankside Open Spaces Trust who organise the Festival is looking for some help on the day.
So dust off your dancing shoes, prepare to try a new sport or craft, give your prize-winning pooch a brush and be part of Bankside Open Spaces Festival – Bankside’s biggest FREE community celebration and street party!
Festival volunteers play an important role in creating a safe an enjoyable experience for everyone and we’d love if you would be able to come and help out on the day. Duties are varied and include:
- Welcoming visitors, and providing information and assistance.
- Supporting the security team.
- Liaising with the artists, stall holders and the event team.
- Helping set up and take down the event (site decoration, carrying and lifting, helping stall holders, etc).
- Activities such as traffic management, collecting visitor feedback, handing out wrist bands, and litter picking.
Volunteers can commit to one or more of the following time slots:. Event set up 8am – 12pm. Event afternoon 11.30am – 4.30pm. Event evening and take down 4pm – 10pm.
All volunteers are need to attend a briefing session on Wednesday 25th May, 6 – 7.30pm at Redcross Garden, SE1 1HA. Also optional time slot on Friday 10th June, 2 – 5pm and 5-9pm for event set up.
You can find all the details on our Team London Volunteering page here where you can find further details as well as the option to sign up.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Fay, Volunteer Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org