Climate Network Think-In
One year on from COP26 and wrapping up COP27 this November in Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt, we know there is still plenty of work to do for the climate agenda.
Bankside is championed for its distinct character and for thinking differently – why should this be any different when it comes to climate crisis?
We’re hosting our first Climate Network Think-In to bring Banksiders together as we explore, learn and share ideas for driving climate action.
We’ll hear a short presentation from each of our speakers with the chance to explore these topics in more depth through a panel discussion. There will then be an opportunity to share your own ideas through breakout-zones after the presentations are wrapped up.
All whilst enjoying a delicious plant-based lunch!
Read on to meet the speakers, view the timings and access the details (in person and online) for the event.
Meet the speakers:
Finn Andres, Monmouth Coffee
- In March 2022, Monmouth got rid of all of their single use coffee cups and we want to know – how they did it, the impact it’s had and how it’s going so far.
Guy Hitchcock and Honor Puciato, Ricardo
- We’ve all heard of a carbon footprint but what does an ‘air quality footprint’ look like and how can that help us to understand the links between our health and our environment?
Chris Webb, tp bennett
- Carbon off-setting often leads to a divided opinion – good for the planet or good for greenwashing? We explore what a community off-setting project might look like in Southwark
Aaron Fleming-Saheed, Cycle Sparks
- The cargo-bike electrician on a mission to change the way we think – what does business as usual look like when it’s powered by bike?
- Better Bankside is taking part in the Mayor of London’s 2022 Business Climate Challenge. Our previous participants share their experience and advice for engaging your colleagues on reducing energy in the workplace.
11:30 – 11:45: arrival
11:45 – 12:45: presentations
12:45 – 13:00: break (plant-based lunch, coffee, stretch)
13:00 – 13:20: panel discussion
13:20 – 13:40: break-out network
We have space for 40 attendees in person with a Teams link set up for those wishing to join virtually.
Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDgwNThkMjgtYWQxOS00N2ExLWE5ZGYtY2ZmOTcwNGRlN2Q3%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22c465a3a9-210c-4cb5-91ce-19decb252b2b%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%229a720540-d316-4ddc-9d2c-96bd53a773f5%22%7d
Any dietary requirements or allergies please email email@example.com.