Whatever 2022 may bring, we need to look after our wellbeing. Our annual Better You programme kicks off in January 2022 with a series of events focusing on mental and physical health, and personal and professional development. We’ve all faced various challenges over the past two years, and our events are designed to respond to current challenges.
Whether you are working from home, or are still in the office in limited numbers, Better You is here to help you start the year in a happy and healthy way. Learn something new, develop a skill and discover new businesses in Bankside. Our focus this year is on your mental and physical wellbeing, connection with nature and celebrating diversity and inclusion.
This year, to meet the needs of all our members, we will be hosting predominantly online events, as well as a number of in-person tours held outside. Our full programme is coming soon but here is a taster of what you can expect:
- Mental Health Awareness training from Mental Health First Aid England
- Wellbeing webinars on resilience, finding your values and purpose and staying present from Motion to Mind
- Local area tours with Southwark Cathedral including food growing and women’s history, a Black history walk and an online ghost signs walk
- Inclusive yoga and desk yoga
- Quick and intensive kickboxing inspired workouts with 9Round
- Fitness sessions for women with local charity The Bridge
- Online gardening sessions with our Plant Club
- Financial wellbeing webinar from HSBC
- Public speaking training from the Speaker’s Trust
- An introduction to deaf awareness with Remark!
- Language taster sessions with Languages 2000
- and plenty more…
Why not download our for Better You 2022 Calendar (Jan) and Better You 2022 Calendar February, or print out our Better You 2022 Poster. Keep an eye on our events pages and Buzz card offers as we update the programme.
If there’s anything we can do to make our events more inclusive, or if you have any other questions or suggestions please get in touch with our Membership Manager Charlotte Stanley.