On Friday 3 June, the Bankside neighbourhood will come to life with the Bankside Open Spaces Festival – a fantastic free all day street party in the heart of London, filled with live music, performances and activities for the whole family. We’re encouraging everyone to come together in a celebration of our open spaces and the community that love them. Make the most of the Queen’s Jubilee Bank Holiday with a free community street party right on your doorstep!
We are on the hunt for Festival volunteers! Volunteers play an important role in creating a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Duties are varied and include:
- Welcoming visitors and providing information and assistance
- Supporting the security team
- Liaising with the artists, stall holders and event team
- Helping set up and take down the event site (site decorating, carrying and lifting, helping stall holders etc)
- Activities such as traffic management, collecting visitor feedback, handing out wrist bands and litter picking.
Shifts are available as follows:
Thursday 2 June, 6 – 10pm event set up
Friday 3 June, 8am – 12noon event set up, 11.30am – 4.30pm event afternoon, 6 – 10pm event pack down.
We are looking for people who are confident in engaging with the public, working within a team and working on community events.
For the event to work it is very important that volunteers can commit to attending a Health and Safety briefing on Wednesday 25 May 2022, at 6pm at Red Cross Garden, 50 Redcross Way, SE1 1HA. Volunteers will be required to bring photo ID to this meeting. Unfortunately, we can’t pay expenses however volunteers will be provided with refreshment and meal vouchers on the day.
Join the team and help make this year’s festival fun and enjoyable for everyone!
Interested? Visit: https://www.tfaforms.com/4805094