We started 2022 as we mean to go on, by prioritising the wellbeing of Banksiders with our Better You programme. The series of free, online events focused on mental health, physical wellbeing, personal growth and professional development and was extended to include both January and February. We packed in a lot of events over the two months!
It was great to have so many people registering for each of the 28 sessions we ran. From the first session on finding your values and purpose run by wellbeing and resilience coach John Allison on the 13 January, to the last session, an inclusive everybody flow yoga class on the 24 February, we had 587 people registering for events, from 200 different Bankside member businesses as well as Bankside residents.
Some of the highlights of Better You included:
- webinars focusing on resilience, self-compassion, sleep and wellbeing
- creative sessions with local art studios MYO and Art Academy London,
- workouts with 9Rounds and inclusive yoga
- a virtual ghost signs tour
- Deaf awareness training
Given how popular some of the sessions were, we’ll be repeating the ghost signs tour in person over the summer and holding more Deaf Awareness training, as well as regular wellbeing sessions throughout the year.
We had some great feedback from the attendees:
- Something a bit different and a new skill to learn. The presenter was informative and ran a really fun session.
- It made me breathe, concentrate and be ready for another hectic day. Lucy really kept to time and made sure we all knew not to worry about the time as she would ensure we would be finished in time to start work at 0900.
- It was fantastic. One of the best virtual events I’ve been too. I really liked the virtual walk aspect, using street view to show familiar spaces, and the knowledge shared.
Thank you to everyone who joined us throughout the programme!